Monday, November 12, 2012

Worm Inn Update 3

It's been a while since I updated my blog, but I just wanted to provide a few updates while I can. The worm inn has been doing great, so all I did in this post was add some more food as you can see from the pictures.

 Before adding newer food to the inn


 You can see that a lot of the waste is finally starting to break down quite well.


 Here's a closeup!

 And another shot showing how everything is breaking down and mixing together well.


I read somewhere that dryer lint can be added to a compost system as well, so I started adding lint to the pile. We have a small trash can in our laundry room that we normally toss our lint into, so I already had quite a bit built up and I just added it to the top.


 I also added bread to the pile. This is the first time I've added bread and wanted to see how the worms reacted to it and if it would break down fast, as I've read it does.

 Thought it was also funny that the bread was so moldy, it started to kind of look like watermelon!


 I added some more rabbit manure and then mixed in more green vegetables.


 And it looked like this when I was I was done, though I probably should add some paper and mix it in to help keep the air flowing!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment