Thursday, October 4, 2012

Air Cleaning Bagless Vacuums

One of the lessons I've had to learn the hard way is that maintenance is a necessary part of life, no matter how tedious it may be. So a couple years ago I started looking into ways to clean my electronics with my air compressor (a worthwhile investment compared to cans of air, which are expensive and don't contain much air) without causing damage from the moisture of the tank/hose. I asked around and a friend recommended one of these.

A moisture filter



This device has a glass tube (see above) with some sort of sponge inside that captures the moisture, allowing the air that passes through to be dry(er). I started using it to clean computers and other electronics (will do a post on that later, so check back) and eventually discovered that it could be used to clean my vacuum cleaners internal filters, saving money, rather than throwing them away and buying new filters.

A filter



And here's a before and after picture of how well the air compressor/filter combo works.

 Before
After


And finally a picture of the air compressor with the moisture filter attached.




I have used these same vacuum cleaner filters for a little over a year and a half and they are still doing their job nicely. I notice that every time I clean out the vacuum it performs as if new and our carpets feel much better. Considering that this is a bagless vacuum, maintaining it properly should be important as dirt, dust, and dander can cause serious health problems, not to mention shorten the life of your vaccuum by causing unnecessary wear/stress on dirty parts. Plus, who can resist saving a little money in this tough economy?

No comments:

Post a Comment